Great Expectations

Meet Miss Ainsleigh Brynn, The Newest Member Of Our Family

Monday, March 12, 2007

One Day At A Time

Of course, the most frustrating thing is that there's really nothing to be done.  Perhaps her current symptoms will finally lead the doctors to an underlying cause for her condition.  In the meantime, though, there's naught for us to do but bear up under the strain of this thing.  It is, in word, trying.  It's the most trying thing, in fact, that I've ever been through.  Under these conditions I comfort myself with a single, relentless mental refrain: one day at a time.

So.  I'd be lying if I said that this isn't an ordeal, and that the unchanging and seemingly inexplicable condition of Miss Ainsleigh wasn't discouraging.  But my faith fills me with a perfectly irrational confidence that this, too, shall pass.  Ainsleigh's largely healthy, and she is (ahem) beautiful.  And every day we minute we get to spend with her between now and the 24th is a bonus minute. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home